Here’s a question you might be asking yourself – Do we even need wedding favors?!
My thoughts? HECK NO!
You’re already treating your guests to an evening of music, dancing, celebration, food, and probably booze. If you don’t feel like giving out wedding favors (or don’t have room in your budget), then it’s 100% ok to skip this wedding tradition!
That said, if you’re the crafty or gift-giving type, you might be really excited about giving favors away to your guests. After all, they can be so unique and personal and we’ve all been to weddings where the favors were so cool that everyone was talking about them.
Like everything else with wedding planning, it’s all about what you and your fiance want to prioritize. Don’t feel guilty if you opt to spend a little more money on your dress or wedding photographer and skip the favors completely, and have fun with it if you decide to give them away!
Here are some things to think about when choosing your favors:
- Choose something practical or useful – I love when we’ve received useful wedding favors like food, mints, candles, or even homemade soaps because we will use them. On the flip side, we probably won’t use the wine glass with Mack and Sandra’s name etched on it.
- Consider distribution (will you leave the favors by each guest’s chair, have them in a basket by the exit, etc.)
- Keep the weather in mind (this is especially important for chocolate-dipped gifts on hot days!)
- Handmade is always special.
- Make it personal by tying in the theme of the wedding. Are you getting married on a beach? Hand out flip flops or sunglasses. Tying the knot in the Northwoods? Give your guests pine-scented candles or homemade smores kits. Did you and your fiance meet in France? Highlight that unique element of your story and give your guests small baguettes. It doesn’t have to be fancy or expensive to feel special!
If you’re set on giving out favors here are a few ideas that won’t break the bank:
13 Cheap Wedding Favor Ideas Your Guests Will Love
Edible wedding favor ideas:
- Cocktail kit
- Small-batch popcorn from your favorite local vendor
- Homemade S’mores kit
- Candy bar (if you don’t want to serve the cake, this can serve as both dessert and your wedding favors)
- Infused Olive Oil
- Homemade Cookies or Candies (small gift bags are available at Michael’s or Hobby Lobby) (better yet – give away edible chocolate chip cookie dough! I would be in heaven!)
- Nut or snack mixes (handmade is easy!)
Non-edible wedding favors that are practical and won’t get thrown away:
- Scented candles (how cute and cheap are these candles from Kate Aspen?!)
- Lighters (this is handy if you plan a sparkler send off!)
- Mini hand sanitizers (Ok, I clearly have COVID on my mind, but how cute would this be?!)
- Wine glass charms or Koozies
- Dog treats (if you’re having a pet-friendly wedding or know there will be pups present, these personalized dog treat bags are the way to go!)
There you have it! Are you planning on having favors at your wedding? Let me know in the comments or send me a DM on Instagram – I’d love to hear what you’re thinking!